1) Iqama times are:
Fajer: 6:10 am
Duher: 2:10 pm
Aser: 6:00 pm
Maghreb: 8:40 pm
Isha: 10:05 pm
2) ISGL Sunday school will begin on Sunday, August 30th. School time is from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm. The online registration is open until August 23rd. The link for online registration can be found on the flyers/post cards available in the small prayer hall. In-person registration is available only on Sunday, August 23rd from 11 am to 2 pm in the Masjid basement. A late fee of $25 will be charged after the registration deadline of August 23rd. If you have any questions about registration or Sundayschool in general, please talk to Br. Aurangzeb.
3) The welcome back picnic for new and returning students is going to be held on Saturday, August 29th, at 5:00 pm in Squirrel park.
4) The GA meeting will be held on 9/5 in the multipurpose room after Maghreb.
A message from the IEB:
Welcome back! We hope you and your family are doing well and you all had a nice Summer. We look forward to educating your children in the Sunday School and having a great academic year in-sha-Allah. This message contains important information about the Fall semester. Please take a note of the important dates and if you know of any new Muslim families in town, please forward it to them.
First day of School: Sunday, August 30, 2015
School time: from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm
Onsite Registration: Only on Sunday, August 23, 2015 from 11 am to 2 pm in the Masjid's multipurpose room (basement).
Online Registration: https://web.ics.purdue.edu/~orangzeb/form_fall.html From August 13 to August 23, 2015 till 2 pm.
(3% processing fee will be charged by the company that is responsible to charge debit/credit cards).
Important Information—2015-2016 School Year
Welcome back to the ISGL Weekend School! We are excited to welcome you and your children back to our school! Our school strives to provide a safe environment for all children from a variety of cultural backgrounds. This document brings together important information about registration, the school calendar and schedule, and how to best prepare your child to get the most out of our one morning a week together. Please note the following important information for this year:
· School time: from 9:30 am to 1:00 P.M.
· Enrollment: We have three levels of the school: Pre-school (ages 4-5); Elementary (ages 5-10, starting with first grade) and Secondary (ages 10 and up). All ages are determined using September 1 as the cut-off. Students will be placed in Islamic Studies and Quran Recitation, in general, by age while Arabic classes are determined by language ability.
· Calendar: To improve planning for families, the schedule for the entire school year, including holidays, has been set. Only in cases of extreme weather events or unforeseen scheduling conflicts will the School diverge from this schedule.
· Enrollment: There will be no scheduled admission for the spring semester. New community members must contact the IEB for consideration for late admission.
We highly encourage you to communicate your concerns and compliments to us throughout the year. In order for us to address issues appropriately, we encourage you to speak with the teachers/principals and/or send suggestions and comments via email:
IEB coordinator/IEB, Aurangzeb email@example.com
Preschool Principal, Sharleece Exson firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary Principal, Lynne Dahmen email@example.com
Secondary Principal, Amr Ebaid firstname.lastname@example.org
· Registration will open August 13th online [https://web.ics.purdue.edu/~orangzeb/form_fall.html] and will close Sunday, August 23rd, 2015 at 2 pm; all payments should be made by this date.
· For online registration an additional fee (about 3% of the transaction amount) will be charged by the company responsible to charge credit/debit cards.
· Onsite registration will be available only on Sunday, August 23rd from 11 am to 2 pm in the basement (multipurpose room) of ISGL (1022 1st St, West Lafayette). Cash or checks will be accepted in onsite registration. This would be the last chance to register without the late fee.
· Registration will be closed on August 23rd, 2015 at 2 pm and $25 LATE FEE will be assessed to all late online registration forms. After September 1st, 2015 no unregistered students will be allowed to attend the school.
· Need-based limited financial assistance is available and can be applied for during both onsite and online registration. But all students must be registered by the due date in order to attend the school.
· First day of class will be Sunday, August 30th.
· Pre-K/K : $100 per semester ($200 per academic year)
· Elementary: $125 per semester ($250 per academic year)
· Secondary: $125 per semester ($250 per academic year)
· Note: materials fee of $12.5 per semester ($25 per academic year) is included in the above amounts.
o There is a $12.5 discount for second child per semester ($25 per academic year)
o There is a $25 discount for each additional (3rd, 4th, 5th, etc.) child per semester ($50 per academic year)
School Calendar 2015-2016 School Year:
August 23rd – Onsite registration from 11 am to 2 pm. Both onsite and online registration close at 2 pm.
August 30th -- First Day of School, all levels (9:30 am - 1:00 pm)
September 13th - Parent Meeting, 1:15 pm
October 4th and 11th -- mid-term evaluation/test Elementary and Secondary
November 29th - No School - Thanksgiving Holiday
December 13th – Last day of school-- End of semester evaluations
January 10th - Second Semester Begins
March 6th and 13th Mid-term evaluations
March 20nd - No School - Spring Break
May 1st - Last day of classes—End of semester evaluation
May 7-8th- Graduation Party
Pre-School Requirements (ages 4-5)
· Students must be 4 years of age by September 1, 2015 (i.e. birthday before 9/1/2011)
· Students must be able to listen and follow directions.
· Students in this level must be checked in with the program staff in the Women’s Prayer Hall.
· Must be able to stay in the classroom, in calm manner, without their parent in the school
Elementary (Level 1 – Level 5, ages 6-10) Requirements
· Students in this level must turn six years of age by September 1, 2015 OR be entering first grade.
· All students in the elementary level are to report to the multi-purpose room in the masjid.
Secondary (Level 6 – Level 10, ages 10/grade 6 and older) Requirements
· All students in the Secondary level are to report to the front door of the Beering Hall on Purdue’s campus by 9:30 am.
· Students will return to the Masjid by 1:00 pm to be picked up with other children.
Pick up/drop off
· Children must be picked up no later than 1:05 pm
· Parents who are habitually late picking up their children will be expected to pay late fees of $5 per each 15 minutes and/or be asked to keep their children at home.
· An assistant will be available at the MAIN ENTERANCE ONLY to accept the students in order to avoid parking issues for the parents.
Islamic dress code
· We encourage all students to respect themselves and adhere to Islamic rules for dress
· Girls are encouraged to wear hijab, i.e. loose fitting clothes and head cover, during school time
· All students, male and female, should dress appropriately—i.e., refrain from shorts or short dresses
We often have students practice prayers before school begins. Please have your children do ablutions at home and have them dressed appropriately to perform prayers.
ISGL latest news and events